Rewrite the following sentences using the past tense of the underlined verbs: The lady extinguishes the candle before she goes to sleep
The lady extinguished the candle before she went to sIeep.
I wrote extinguished as this thing has occured in the past and this goes as well as with goes so I have written went.
I hope this has helped you so much
By using the past tense of the verbs, the sentence we got is: The lady extinguished the candle before she went to sleep.
- A past tense verb is one that expresses an action or a state that occurred in the past.
- The past tense describes events that occurred in the past.
- It's a grammatical function that shows a state of being or signifies that an event has already occurred.
- It might be used to discuss the past or something that we have imagined.
- In the given sentence verb "extinguishes" changes to "extinguished" and "goes" changes to "went".